You may have seen updated guidance issued online by the FA yesterday regarding grassroots/youth football and the ability to now train in small groups subject to certain conditions. I wanted to update you regarding our current position and advise that at this time we have as a club decided not to work on this basis.
Having assessed the potential risks and logistics we would prefer to monitor the situation over the next few weeks with a view to planning a return in early July as we would each summer anyway. We are viewing this next month as the off-season and this gives us time to plan a safe and productive return to action as a club whilst seeking further guidance from the county FA and other bodies such as insurers.
We will keep you posted on our plans as things develop but for the time being we would urge our players to make use of the increased freedom allowed now to maintain fitness and technique even if meeting up with team mates whilst keeping to social distancing requirements at all times.
I hope you and your families remain safe and well and we look forward to returning to some normality in due course.